Wednesday 23 February 2011

Stabs

I removed the wood wafers from the clamps, and sanded the edges. glued together and to LEs.






The LE doubler, the triangle, is fatter than the rest, will have to sand it flush..
this is the effect...


Next step the TE, the wood stick is a little bent, maybe the humidity during the transportation (the kit is as old as 5-10 years), i'll fix it with the ribs.



Cut the ribs, with a little bevel to copy LE inclination. Glued the ribs..






Then I glued the first skin to the back of the stabilizer.I use thick CA glue 'cause it gives me the time to reposition a little the framework on the skin before it cures (few seconds).





After that it's time to cut the hinge blocks, 8 of them. and glue 'em.





Trimmed the back skin; i left 5 mm of skin on each side, my exacto knife is that thick...






at last, the front skin, with some weights on it, i'll let everything cure for the night.
see you tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey man! I'm sorry to miss this event live, but do not worry, next time I'll be there! However, Soffio is growing up very well(i'm still working at the moment), thank you for your comprehension..

    Waiting for new step images!!
    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete